Insights

Lending Climate in America – 4th Quarter 2023 Survey

J.S. Held’s Inaugural Global Risk Report Examines Potential Business Risks & Opportunities in 2024

Read More close Created with Sketch.
Home·Insights·Articles

Interest rates and inflation have been the big drivers of the US economy as of late, but lenders are increasingly optimistic for 2024, despite some challenges. Lenders foresee interest rate declines beginning in 2024 – with 42% believing rate cuts will begin in the first half of the year, and the remaining 58% projecting there will be a delay until the last two quarters. At the same time, they also view “constrained liquidity in the capital markets” as the number one factor adversely impacting the US economy.

In the Phoenix Management “Lending Climate in America” survey for Q4 2023, the lenders queried identify which macroeconomic headwind is their biggest concern and whether their financial institutions plan to tighten, relax, or maintain their loan structures. They also reveal how much growth their customers expect in 2024 and which industries will experience the greatest volatility this year.

READ THE COMPLETE SURVEY RESULTS HERE: Click here to view

More About Phoenix Management’s Quarterly “Lending Climate in America” Survey

The “Lending Climate in America” survey is administered quarterly to lenders from various commercial banks, finance companies, and factors across the country. Our team of experts collects, tabulates, and analyzes the results to create a complete evaluation of national attitudes and trends.

Find your expert.

This publication is for educational and general information purposes only. It may contain errors and is provided as is. It is not intended as specific advice, legal, or otherwise. Opinions and views are not necessarily those of J.S. Held or its affiliates and it should not be presumed that J.S. Held subscribes to any particular method, interpretation, or analysis merely because it appears in this publication. We disclaim any representation and/or warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, quality, or applicability of any of the contents. You should not act, or fail to act, in reliance on this publication and we disclaim all liability in respect to such actions or failure to act. We assume no responsibility for information contained in this publication and disclaim all liability and damages in respect to such information. This publication is not a substitute for competent legal advice. The content herein may be updated or otherwise modified without notice.

noun_Download_747989_000000 Created with Sketch. Download PDF
You May Also Be Interested In
Perspectives

Getting R.E.A.L. in Later Stage, Venture-Backed Companies

An overview of steps or shifts later-stage, venture-backed companies need to take to reach growth and profit goals....

Perspectives

Common Problems in Buy/Sell Agreements

Litigation support professionals are often asked to prepare valuations or various calculations based on the language in buy/sell agreements, operating agreements, and purchase agreements. These agreements often do not provide clear language as to how...

 
INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
Keep up with the latest research and announcements from our team.
Our Experts