Vice President - J.S. Held, Incorporated
Mike Newman’s career has spanned over 17 years as a construction industry professional. Previously before joining J.S. Held Inc, Mike was an owner and operator of Newman and Newman, LLC, a construction consulting company that provided a vast array of building loss and reconstruction consulting services in multiple sectors of the insurance industry. Services have been provided for losses ranging from tens of thousands of dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars throughout the United States, Canada and South America. Areas of service include; Construction Consulting, Loss Consulting, Estimating, Job Site Monitoring (Clerk of the Works), Actual Cash Values (Depreciation Schedules), Project Scheduling (Estimated Time of Repairs), Insurable Value Appraisals, Property Inspections & Re‐Inspections, Construction Management/Project Management, Contract Negotiation and Review, Claim and Estimate Analysis, Builders Risk Losses, CAD (computer aided drafting), Restoration & Mitigation Consulting, Damage Assessments. Assist in streamlining the claims process, and loss consulting by providing clients with prompt, accurate and fair information in standard insurance and construction industry formats as well as state of the art biometric and barcode scanning capabilities for monitoring of labor, equipment and materials.
Michael is a graduate of Mount St Clare College and holds an MBA from St. Ambrose University.
During his career, Michael has consulted on many diverse projects nationally. The following is a brief list of project experience:
- Inspections, scope and estimates for over 500 municipal properties in New Orleans for repairs and mitigation work totaling over $100 million as a result of Hurricane Katrina.
- Inspections, scope and estimates for a high profile and highly publicized school district in Mississippi for repairs and mitigation work totaling over $30 million as a result of Hurricane Katrina.
- Clerk of the works and mitigation consulting of over 1500 active contractor labor for over 45 buildings at a major university campus for work totaling over 40 million as a result of the Iowa flooding of 2008.
- Clerk of the works (monitoring of over 1,000 contractor and insured labor) and document restoration consulting for work totaling over $15 million as a result of the Santiago Chile earthquakes of 2010.
- Two Contingent Time Element losses in excess of $15 million involving inspections of over 5,000 properties throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida as a result of Hurricane Katrina.
- Worked on over 1 billion dollars of losses for clients as clerk of the works, construction or mitigation consultant.
Michael also holds the following credentials:
- LEED™ Green Associate
- IICRC™ - MSR (Master Fire & Smoke Restorer), MWR (Master Water Restorer), JTC (Journeyman Textile Cleaner)
- HCRI-C – Haag Certified Roofing Inspector Commercial
<< Back to DIRECTORY & LOCATIONS