Douglas MacKinney is a professional construction and reconstruction consultant based out of Philadelphia, Pa. employed by J. S. Held, Incorporated. J.S Held, Inc. is a global industry leader providing construction and reconstruction consulting, cost estimating, project management, expert testimony, and mutual interest dispute resolution services in the areas of commercial, residential, and industrial property loss and/or insurance claims.
Doug has been with J.S.Held since 1992 and is currently Vice President responsible for the Midlantic and Southeast regions. His attention to scope detail and building methodology have been the hallmark of his career and the catalyst for his credibility with clients.
His most recent accomplishments include:
- The Tulane University reconstruction project. Doug led the J.S. Held team that negotiated the scope and costs of damages caused by Hurricane Katrina that exceeded $200 million dollars. His involvement and attention to details is credited in assisting in the reopening of the University within 4 months after the disaster and preserving the spring semester.
- The La Quinta Inns projects. He negotiated scope and costing to facilitate repairs and the reopening of Inns throughout the United States.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Jamaica project. Doug successfully negotiated the importing of materials and equipment through customs in order to restore power to the facility for reconstruction
- The JP Morgan Riverwalk Apartments project. He successfully negotiated scope and contracts on a $23 million dollar project that needed to be completed in 15 months or less.
In addition, Doug has acted as a factual and expert witness on claims throughout the United States and has been named by various insurance companies as an appraiser and umpire for the purpose of settling disputed claims.
Prior to joining J.S. Held, Doug was President of DLM General Contractor, LLC where he was responsible for all phases of business operations including:
- Contract negotiations
- Retaining and monitoring sub-contractors
- Obtaining permits
- Collaboration with architects and engineers
- Reconstruction of damaged properties
He began his career in the insurance industry with Chubb and Son where he became the mid-west regional property manager and was an instructor at the Chubb in-house estimating courses.
<< Back to DIRECTORY & LOCATIONS